Chronic Insomnia– You may find difficult to deal with it, you should be aware about this at least
Sleep is a crucial part of our lifestyle. A good amount of sleep ensures our good health as sleep relaxes our body, speed up recovery process and boost energy in the body. Amount of sleep depends upon person to person but overall it is said to have at least seven to eight hours of sleep on daily basis. Now a days many people experiencing difficulty in falling sleep worldwide. Those who have problem of chronic insomnia (a sleep disorder condition) find it very difficult to fall asleep at night and stay awake.
What is Insomnia?
Insomnia is basically a sleep disorder that can lasts in young adults from few days to weeks. This sleep condition can be acute (for short-term) or can be chronic (for long-term). Acute Insomnia can last from one night to few weeks while Chronic Insomnia happens when you are not able to sleep from at least 3 nights a week or more.
Chronic Insomnia is a long-term problem of getting difficulty in sleep. Why it is considered as chronic? Because in it a person feel trouble to fall asleep or stay asleep for at least three nights a week and from months to longer period of time. People with chronic insomnia are unable to get the sleep they require, persistently and can occur in all age groups but has higher prevalence in women.
Chronic Insomnia can have many potential reasons like stress, mental health disorders, poor sleep hygiene, medication, physical or neurological issues, etc.
Symptoms of Chronic Insomnia
There are various indications that shows that you are dealing with chronic insomnia and these are-
- Getting wake up too early
- Stay awake throughout the night
- Find it difficult to fall asleep
- Finding it trouble to return to sleep if once awake midnight
- Daytime sleepiness
- Not feeling rested even after whole night’s sleep
- Feeling Irritated while tried to sleep
- Feeling depressed
Insomnia can bring other diseases
We need sleep daily so that our body and mind can repair themselves. Sleep is also very important for keeping memory and for learning process. If you are staying awake because of insomnia you could have many diseases like anxiety, trouble focusing, slow reaction time, grumpiness, and higher chances of falling and higher risk of other health problems alike obesity, depression and elevated blood pressure.
How to prevent Insomnia?
- Here are some tips to beat insomnia-
- Try to avoid use of cell phones before bed.
- Don’t consume nicotine, coffee and alcohol late in the day.
- Make exercise part of your lifestyle.
- Try to avoid heavy meal in the dinner.
- Make a proper schedule of going to sleep like same time to fall asleep and same time to get up in the morning.
- Avoid naps during day time.
- Make yourself relax by reading book, listening nice and calm songs and by taking a bath.